Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
Sojne (Moringa flowers) plucked, 2 cups
One large potato (or try green banana), diced into small cubes
One medium tomato, chopped
Mustard oil, 2 Tbsp
3 to 4 whole green chiles, slit halfway
Mustard Paste, 2 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
Sugar, 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water, 100 ml (about 1/2 cup)
1. Pluck the Sojne (Moringa flowers) from its stalk carefully. Make sure to remove all stalks otherwise it will add a pungent and bitter taste.
2. Wash the flowers thoroughly and keep aside.
3. In a Kadai (pot), put all ingredients except water and fold well. Note that this should be done even before heating the Kadai on the burner.
4. Now bring the Kadai with the mixture on a gas top, allow it to heat it up, stir well.
5. Cover the Kadai with a lid and slow down the heat, cook for 10 minutes. Check in between and add little water if necessary to prevent burning at the bottom. (Ideally it should be cooked without adding water.)
6. Check seasoning when the flowers look tender and cooked well.
7. Serve with Rice and Daal (lentils, peas or beans).
Recipe recommended by Rita Lutchmeesingh