Green Papaya (peeled)
Vegetable Oil (for frying)
Whole Wheat Flour
1. Cut the peeled papayas in slices and boil in hot water until consistency softened. Bring water for noodles to a boil and cook according to package instructions.
2. Sift papayas. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Put half of the slices of papaya first in mixed eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper), then in flour and then fry in pan from both sides.
3. Heat olive oil and stir-fry onions. Add battered papaya slices and heat for a moment.
4. Put soy sauce, a bit of milk, chili in a pot and thicken with a little flour. Then add noodles and rest of sliced papayas.
5. Serve noodle mix with battered papaya-onion mix on top. Enjoy.
Recipe by Nadja Hofmann
Our featured recipes come from being created spontaneously by our farm staff in the community center kitchen, restaurant friends' recipes, from our wonderful CSA members, as well as supplemented with findings from ones we've found online and really like.